Southern Indiana – Week 7 brought a storm of matchups that threw the SISN Top 25 for a loop. As the dust settles, we’ve got some new heavyweights emerging and some familiar faces finding their footing. Let’s break down the most noteworthy shifts in this week’s ranking.
Week 8 Southern Indiana Top 25
- East Central (4A, 7-0) – Decisive win
- Evansville Reitz (4A, 7-0) – Big win against a previously undefeated team
- Bloomington North (5A, 7-0) – Decisive win
- Bloomington South (5A, 6-1) – Convincing win
- Floyd Central (5A, 6-1) – Close win
- Gibson Southern (3A, 5-2) – Decisive win
- Providence (1A, 7-0) – Solid win
- Heritage Hills (3A, 6-1) – Decisive win
- Evansville North (5A, 5-2) – Win over a top 10 team
- Linton-Stockton (2A, 6-1) – Decisive win
- Triton Central (2A, 6-1) – Convincing win
- North Posey (2A, 6-1) – Convincing win
- Paoli (2A, 6-1) – Decisive win
- Southridge (3A, 5-2) – Decisive win
- Lawrenceburg (3A, 5-2) – Convincing win
- Silver Creek (3A, 5-2) – Close win
- Castle (5A, 4-3) – Close win over Jasper
- Brownstown Central (2A, 6-1) – Decisive win
- Evansville Memorial (4A, 6-1) – Lost to a top team, moved down
- Vincennes Lincoln (3A, 5-2) – Lost to a top 10 team, moved down
- Batesville (3A, 6-1) – Convincing win
- Monrovia (3A, 5-2) – Big loss, moved down
- Jasper (4A, 4-3) – Close loss, small move down
- Bedford North Lawrence (4A, 4-3) – Close loss, moved down
- Seymour (5A, 4-3) – Huge win, back on the list.
One of the most anticipated clashes was between No. 2 Evansville Reitz and No. 4 Evansville Memorial. Reitz showcased their dominance by handing Memorial their first loss of the season, solidifying their position at No. 2 and pushing Memorial down to No. 19.
Bloomington North remained undefeated with a statement 42-0 victory against Columbus East, holding on to their No. 3 spot. East Central showed no signs of slowing down, trouncing Connersville with an impressive 64-0 win, maintaining their top position.
Movers and Shakers
Gibson Southern continues to move after Vinceness Lincoln’s loss up to 6th. On the other hand, the crushing defeat made Vincennes Lincoln slide down to the 20th spot.
In a week of close encounters, Floyd Central edged past Bedford North Lawrence 28-27, reinforcing their position at No. 5. Meanwhile, Bedford North Lawrence took a slight dip to No. 24.
Silver Creek and North Harrison engaged in a thrilling battle, with Silver Creek emerging victorious 42-37. As a result, Silver Creek climbed a spot higher to No. 16, while North Harrison fell off the list replaced by Seymour at 25.
Steady Sailors and Notable Nudges
Providence and Linton-Stockton both had dominant outings this week, solidifying their spots at No. 7 and No. 10 respectively.
Monrovia, previously at No. 19, felt the sting of a big 49-14 loss to Indianapolis Lutheran, causing them to tumble to No. 22.
Castle, meanwhile, climbed up from No. 23 to No. 17 after a gritty 39-32 win over Jasper.
As Week 8 looms, the intensity is set to notch up even higher. The SISN Top 25 rankings continue to provide a dynamic view of Southern Indiana’s high school football scene. Teams will be aiming to climb the ranks, and as we’ve seen, anything can happen on game day.
Till next week, keep those eyes on the gridiron and the heart with the game!
For exclusive interviews, game recaps, and more in-depth analysis, stay tuned to SISN – your home for Southern Indiana sports.