Interested in Working with Us?
Southern Indiana Sports Network is a new Sports Media company covering the Southern Indiana area. Over the last few months, our following has grown, and we have opportunities to expand. To grow, we will need help. We are looking for potential Freelance Sports Reporters, to help us expand our local coverage of sporting events.
We are looking for anyone who has experience, professional or hobbyist, in photography and writing, or have had interest in doing journalism. We are willing to pay standard or higher freelancer rates. The candidate must have a knowledge of sports and the ability to take photos and provide detailed recap of event.
We love having our own unique styles, and we will celebrate yours and help you grow your Sports Journalism career as we grow this Sports Network together. At this time we are not hiring full-time positions, but will have a steady set of events to capture.
Freelance Sports Reporter – Job Requirements
- Reporters must be able to provide their own transportation to sporting events
- Reporters must have access to their own DSLR camera and be able to provide professional processed photos (10-30 per event).
- Reporter must provide a detailed written article on assigned sporting event (minimum 750 words)
- Reporters will use WordPress site to share photos and written story, a working knowledge of WordPress is a plus, or willingness to learn
- Freelance reporter must be willing to sign a Freelance contract agreement and provide copyright ownership
Type of Employment
Independent Contract – We hope to build a network of available Sports Reporters to expand our team coverage. Generally, on Fridays and Saturdays we will have Reporting opportunities for games. We will have season sponsorship, where we will cover a team an entire season, or individual week sponsorships. We will reach out to our available reporters and offer them the assignment for the week. If they are available, we will work out a contract for that event or season. If the candidate is not available, we will reach out to another reporter.
We may have immediate need to cover IHSAA Boys Regional Basketball this Saturday, March 12, 2022. For the following locations:
- Greencastle Regional
- Loogootee Regional
- Washington Regional
Depending on experience of reporter, popularity of event, and travel distance we are offering between $30 to $60 an event.
Candidate must have knowledge of their DSLR camera and how to successfully produce professional looking photos. Candidate should have strong writing skills and ability to articulate sporting events. We understand that not everyone has experience working as a reporter but has always dreamed for the opportunity to do so. This may be your chance!
How to Apply
- Please send a resume, and the following information below to: email@example.com
- Please provide a detailed background of your experience with photography and writing
- Provide some examples of your photography either by link or attachments.
- Provide links to latest writing examples. If you do not have any published examples, please provide a 500-word article on the last sporting event you attended as if you were writing as a reporter
- Please let us know if there are any communities you prefer to cover, and those you do not
- Provide type of camera that you will use
Southern Indiana Sports Network is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.