The ever-evolving landscape of high school football in Southern Indiana took another twist in Week 5. With close games, a few upsets, and resilient comebacks, the Top 25 is looking quite different this week. Here’s the SISN Southern Indiana Week 5 Top 25 teams, and a comprehensive comparison between last week’s and this week’s rankings.
SISN Top 25
- East Central (4A, 4-0)
- Evansville Reitz (4A, 4-0)
- Bloomington North (5A, 4-0)
- Evansville Memorial (4A, 4-0)
- Heritage Hills (3A, 4-0)
- Bloomington South (5A, 3-1)
- Vincennes Lincoln (3A, 3-1)
- Brownstown Central (2A, 4-0)
- North Posey (2A, 4-0)
- Castle (5A, 3-1)
- North Harrison (3A, 4-0)
- Batesville (3A, 4-0)
- Floyd Central (5A, 3-1)
- Lawrenceburg (3A, 3-1)
- Evansville North (5A, 2-2)
- Southridge (3A, 3-1)
- Seymour (5A, 2-2)
- Triton Central (2A, 3-1)
- Providence (1A, 4-0)
- Gibson Southern (3A, 2-2)
- Monrovia (3A, 3-1)
- Linton-Stockton (2A, 3-1)
- Paoli (2A, 3-1)
- Jasper (4A, 2-2)
- Scottsburg (3A, 3-1)
Others Receiving consideration: Charlestown, Evansville Mater Dei, Sullivan, Tell City
Steady at the Top
- East Central (4A) maintains its dominant position at the top of the list, going from a 3-0 record to an impressive 4-0.
- Evansville Reitz (4A) leapfrogged two spots to become the new No. 2. Their unbeaten record continues to speak volumes about their performance this season.
- Bloomington North (5A) surged ahead from 8th to 3rd after another victory, suggesting they’re a team to watch after their OT win over Bloomington South.
- Vincennes Lincoln (3A) climbed a notable ten spots up to 7th position, showing they’ve got momentum on their side, and the capability to win big games.
- Brownstown Central (2A) also jumped up one spot to 8th, maintaining their undefeated record, and taking the top 2A spot in Southern Indiana.
- Batesville (3A) made one of the most significant leaps of the week, moving from the 25th spot right up to 12th. They’re quietly undefeated and deserve some credit.
Slips and Tumbles
- Bloomington South (5A) suffered a setback, going from 2nd down to 6th after their first loss of the season.
- Evansville North (5A) also descended, dropping nine spots from 6th to 15th.
- Monrovia (3A) slid ten spots down to 21st.
- Floyd Central (5A), Jasper (4A), and Scottsburg (3A) are the fresh faces in the Top 25. They’ve replaced Tell City, Charlestown, and Evansville Mater Dei from the previous week’s list.
Others Receiving Consideration
- Charlestown and Evansville Mater Dei might’ve dropped out of the Top 25, but they’re still on the radar, joining Sullivan and Tell City in the “receiving consideration” category.
This week demonstrated the fluidity and unpredictability of high school football. Teams like Vincennes Lincoln and Batesville show that consistency and grit pay off, while others remind us that maintaining a top spot requires relentless effort week after week.
Looking ahead, matchups between SISN Top 25 teams will provide further opportunities for upsets, and as pass over the mid-season hump, every game counts. The race to the sectionals is heating up, and Southern Indiana football fans have a lot to look forward to. Stay tuned for more action next week!